The goal of enhancing visibility on search engine results pages (SERPS) is to increase the amount of organic traffic that comes to a website. Organic traffic is a major goal of a professional SEO services company because of the likelihood of converting a visitor into a customer.
The top-rated SEO companies know what goes into organic visibility through search engines. There is a formula that must be followed that coincides with what the search engines are looking for through their algorithms. When the SEO company gets it right, then the website performs the way it should. Here is the five thumb rule to enhance visibility in SERPs:
- Website audits – SEO company services are going to perform a detailed audit of each website they plan to optimize. This includes keyword research and an analysis of on-site content. An in-depth on-page technical SEO audit will also need to be completed, which includes an analysis of internal linking. If internal linking is a mess, it will be cleaned up.
- Create quality content – Google rewards quality. The Google Panda update in January 2016 targeted websites with low-quality content, preventing them from ranking in SERPs. This update is also the last of the Panda updates, which means no more updates. However, Panda is at the core of the algorithm. To make sure your content satisfies the algorithm, create new quality content and optimize the old.
- Optimize the website – Google gives big points to optimized websites, and the top SEO services know this. The website must be structured in a way that is SEO friendly. Each page should target a specific keyword or key phrase. This means that a professional SEO services company has to do the appropriate research.
- Title and description accuracy – The best SEO agencies know that titles and meta descriptions need to be accurate because Google will give points here, as well. This is important for every page, but the homepage needs to be properly optimized since it is the first page Google sees. Keywords should be present in the titles and descriptions.
- Optimize for mobile – A website has to be optimized for mobile. The best SEO companies know that a responsive design that loads fast is going to help. Mobile sites may be indexed differently based on how people search from their mobile devices. This is why websites need to be optimized for the long search terms that people use when they use voice search.
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into enhancing visibility in SERPs in just these five rules. An affordable SEO company can exercise these rules and increase visibility so that more people will visit. When more of that traffic is organic, the chance that they will convert to a customer increases. They aren’t just stumbling upon the website and then leaving. Instead, they are actively searching for what the website has to offer. When they do this, you want to be as high up in the SERPs as possible.