Wondering how to get traffic to your website? Twitter can be a highly effective driver. The problem is that Twitter is already noisy, so standing out and attracting attention can seem like a daunting task. The key is to understand how to leverage the power of Twitter to successfully get website traffic. Be sure to take a look at these tips and tricks to more effectively harness the traffic-generating powers of Twitter.
- Put a link to your blog or website in your Twitter bio. This is arguably one of the easiest and most effective strategies to get website traffic via Twitter. If users check out your account and like what you are posting, they are all the more likely to click a link in your bio and see what other types of content you have to offer.
- Use images. Images are an excellent way to attract the attention of Twitter users. Research shows that users are much more likely to click on a link in a tweet when an image is also included, so high-quality, compelling images are a powerful tool for driving Twitter traffic.
- Ask for a retweet (RT). Have you tweeted a link to your latest blog post and now want others to share it as well? Well, all you need to do is ask. According to Wishpond, tweets that specifically ask for RTs receive between 12 and 23 times more shares than those that don’t ask. The more people that retweet your content, the wider your audience will be and the more effective you will be at driving Twitter traffic to your website, especially if you are asking followers to retweet a tweet that contains a link to your blog or website.
- Build relationships. If you build relationships with influencers in your niche, chances are they will also share your content, helping you drive traffic to your website. So, how can you build relationships on Twitter? As a general rule of thumb, you want to adhere to 80/20 rule. 80 percent of the content you post should highlight the content of others to develop relationships, while 20 percent of what you post should highlight your own content. Remember, if you share valuable content produced by others with your Twitter community, then the community is more likely to share your content.
- Promote your tweets. When it comes to driving traffic to your website, promoted tweets can work wonders. Promoted tweets are essentially a relatively inexpensive advertising option that Twitter provides, helping you get your content noticed by your target audience. In other words, your tweet won’t just appear in your followers’ feeds. It will also show up as an advertisement in other users’ feeds. The advantage of promoted tweets is that you can target by a range of variables and characteristics, including location, interests, device type, and keywords. To maximize the potential of this strategy as a way to drive Web traffic, it’s a wise idea to promote tweets that contain a link to your blog or website.
In conclusion, if you are wondering how to drive visitors to your website, these five tips are great ways to drive Web traffic. Remember, even if you don’t have tons of followers yet, if you make use of these tips, then you’re bound to accrue followers and facilitate engagement in no time at all.