Did you know that 94 percent of B2B buyers do research online before they make purchasing choices? Inbound marketing isn’t just for B2C customers. B2B inbound marketing can be incredibly advantageous for B2B buyers, especially for B2B buyers making purchases from the manufacturing industry. Industrial B2B prospects are online just like prospects in any other sector or industry. Like other prospects, they too are actively looking online for better solutions, and they are engaging social media in their search efforts. Considering an industrial B2B inbound marketing strategy? Take a look at the six ways that industrial inbound marketing can improve your lead generation efforts.
- It provides a wealth of content opportunities. For many B2C inbound marketing strategies, one of the main challenges is consistently producing a good quantity of unique content without sacrificing quality or value. However, when it comes to inbound marketing for manufacturers, there naturally is an abundance of content opportunities. The problems confronted by B2B industrial customers tend to be more complex; therefore, the solutions offered by manufacturing businesses also tend to be much more complex. The good news is that this creates a plethora of opportunities for high-quality web content, engaging landing pages, and compelling web posts. By leveraging the complexity of your offerings to produce quality content, you can better connect with your industrial prospects, more clearly illustrating how your business can meet their needs.
- It will improve your business’s visibility. One of the main advantages of inbound marketing for manufacturers is that it offers a dramatic increase in brand visibility. As previously mentioned, industrial B2B customers are actively looking for products and services that meet their needs online. Industrial inbound marketing strategies, like SEO, blogging, and social media marketing, ramp up your online visibility, helping ensure that potential customers find your products and services before they find your competition. Inbound marketing for manufacturers is a great way to gain a competitive edge.
- It will help you turn website visitors into leads. Industrial inbound marketing for B2B customers isn’t just about drawing prospects to your website and social media accounts by improving your visibility. Rather, once you manage to pull visitors into your online spaces, including your website, a comprehensive industrial inbound marketing strategy will help you turn those leads into prospects. For example, gated content is a great way to gain access to a visitor’s information, ensuring you can nurture the lead over time.
- It will shorten the sales cycle. Inbound marketing in general works to shorten the sales cycle, and this is especially true of B2B marketing for industrial customers. This is because this type of customer needs to make an informed purchase and, therefore, is apt to spend more time researching and searching for pertinent information. Inbound marketing helps ensure that customers have access to high-quality information, helping them to make decisions — and subsequently purchases — quicker.
- It will make your other marketing strategies much more effective. Just because you develop an inbound marketing strategy doesn’t mean you need to abandon all other marketing efforts. In fact, inbound marketing can actually make your other marketing strategies more effective, which boosts the ROI of your marketing efforts overall and makes them more impactful.
- It will improve your credibility. Last but not least, it is important to note that by publishing high-quality, valuable content as part of your inbound marketing strategy, you will also improve your business’s credibility, helping situate yourself as an industry leader.
The bottom line is that when it comes to boosting leads, an industrial inbound marketing strategy can prove to be tremendously effective.