Using malicious code to prey on unsuspecting websites is one of the oldest tricks in the books when it comes to website hacks. From a hacked content penalty to reputational damage to costly downtime, a malicious code can do serious damage to your website and your brand. To ensure WordPress security, you want to make sure that you have the best WordPress Plugins on your side. Be sure to take a look at the following list.
1. Centrora Security. If you want to deter hackers from hacking into your site, this plugin should get the job done. It was modified from OSE Firewall Security and boasts a range of useful features, like AntiSpam and IP Management.
2. 6Scan Security. Arguably one of the most comprehensive WordPress security plugins out there, 6Scan Security boasts site scanning, dynamic firewall, automatic backup, and live analytics, making it one of the most popular plugins out there for users worried about a hacked content penalty.
3. Theme Authenticity Checker. The majority of WordPress theme developers make a concerted effort to ensure that their themes adhere to WordPress’s stringent standards. However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. This handy plugin will scan all of your website’s theme files in order to detect any code that might be malicious or threatening. If it does find anything suspicious, the plugin will deliver a comprehensive report detailing the address of the file and the line numbers on which the suspicious code was found, in addition to a small excerpt of the code in question.
4. Exploit Scanner. The Exploit Scanner performs a comprehensive search of all pieces of your website, including all files, posts, and comments, in order to flag any kind of suspicious code. The great thing about this plugin is that you can also customize the parameters of the scan, meaning you can choose to search only the site’s database or only the site’s files. You can also scan files using custom keywords.
5. Sucuri Security. In addition to security and malware scanning, this plugin offers a pretty powerful website firewall add-on that can be used to enhance your website protection.
6. Antivirus. This great plugin is a useful tool in keeping your site virus-free, scanning all theme files and database tables for any kind of malicious injections or suspicious code. You can even schedule scans for regular intervals and have the reports delivered straight to your email inbox. The plugin will also display a prominent alert should it detect any kind of odd or unusual activity that might be indicative of a virus.
7. WP Antivirus Site Protection. Another great antivirus plugin, WP Antivirus Site Protection is great for discovering and eliminating malicious code. It has pretty comprehensive detection capabilities, ensuring that you catch most common threats. This includes adware, spyware, backdoors, rootkits, worms, Trojan horses, and fraud tools.
8. The Quttera Web Malware Scanner. This scanner looks for most major types of malicious code, including code injection, viruses, worms, malware, and Trojan horses. Malware detection is free, but you will need to pay for any additionalservices.
In conclusion, if you’re worried about the threat of hackers and the possibility of a hacked content penalty, make sure you have these eight WordPress plugins in your security arsenal. And remember, when you protect your website from malicious code, you also protect your brand’s reputation and its bottom line.