If you think the web design for your small company has something to do with your bounce rate, it is important to seek help from a reputable web design development company. A company that provides website designing services will assess your site to identify the reason for this and other problems. It is important to note that the services of an ecommerce website design company can vary. For that reason, it is important to identify a company with experience and expertise in offering affordable web design for a small business.
If your bounce rate is high, you are losing potential customers. Following are several examples of how a bad web design can cause your bounce rate to increase.
- Slow-Loading Pages – As part of professional website designing services, an expert will determine if your site speed is sufficient. If your site takes too long to load, visitors will get frustrated and move on.
- Poor Content – Insufficient or inadequate content can also cause your bounce rate to soar. For that reason, your content must be information, useful, interesting, and engaging. Regardless if the content is on your site or social media platforms, or perhaps in a blog or article, you have to provide users with content of value.
- Disproportional Pages – In assessing your website design, an expert will determine if some of your pages are contributing disproportionally to the high bounce rate. Using tools like Google Analytics, pages that skew your results are singled out and either removed or fixed.
- Misinforming Title Tag and Meta Description – Another potential problem is a misinforming title tag and/or meta description. For example, if either one of these does not correctly summarize the content on your site, people will feel cheated or even deceived and will bounce out quickly.
- Blank Page – When the bounce rate skyrockets, meaning that visitors stay no more than a few seconds, there is a good chance that your site has a blank page. However, an extremely high bounce rate can also be the result of an improperly loading site or because visitors receive the 404 technical error.
- Little or Poor Optimization – This is yet another potential problem. Even if your content is outstanding, unless it is correctly optimized, your bounce rate could be too high.
At MacRAE’s Marketing, we possess the knowledge and skill to deal with each of these potential issues. You can visit our website to learn more about our full line of services or call us today.