While link building is often considered one of the most challenging aspects of search engine optimization, it can also have a tremendous impact on how your website ranks in search engine results.
What exactly are backlinks? Basically, they are permanent website links, where one site links to another site. The quality of the backlinks pointing to a webpage can play an important role in the search engine ranking for that page. So, link building for SEO is definitely one strategy that you should work on mastering. Not sure which SEO link building strategies will work best? There are many different ways you can create backlinks to increase your search engine rankings. Below, we cover some of the most effective strategies.
- Write a guest post for another blog. This can be an effective strategy because not only does it give you a link back to your site, it can also help broaden your exposure.
- Begin threads in forums. The key to making this link building strategy work is to ensure that any thread you start is relevant to both the forum you’re using as well as your own blog. Be sure to include a link back to one of your relevant posts.
- Social bookmarking. Did you know that social bookmarking is a type of backlink? To take advantage of this strategy, make sure you are targeting the following networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
- Write and publish press releases regarding important updates about your site. Include a link back to your site.
- Write testimonials for other marketers. Include a link back to your own site.
- Create free content, such as a free e-book, and offer it in exchange for a link back to your site.
- Publish how-to posts. These posts are often great for link building because they tend to generate a large number of backlinks.
- Comment on must-follow and popular websites and blogs. This is an excellent way to gain exposure. Make sure these websites are relevant to your own website. Increased traffic and even backlinks will not benefit you if you do not attract targeted traffic. Positive comments will generally help you generate more backlinks.
- Consider sponsoring a contest. Contests are an effective way to draw attention to your website simply because most people will visit a website that might give them something. In order to enter the contest, require visitors to provide a backlink to your website. Contests can help you build backlinks quickly.
- Create a share or link to us page on your website. You might be surprised to find that this is one of the best tactics for building backlinks.
- Begin an affiliate program. By creating an affiliate link program for your site that can be used by bloggers, you can generate increased traffic for your website.
- Create a podcast and submit it to iTunes. This is a great way to keep your visitors updated on what you are doing while increasing your online exposure.
- Create videos and submit them to YouTube. Make sure you include a link to your website. With the rise in popularity of video marketing, this backlink building technique has become an increasingly effective method.
- Tap into the popularity of apps by creating an app and submitting it to an application directory.
- Create long posts, preferably providing a tutorial, and post them on your website. These types of posts tend to generate a lot of backlinks.