A customer-friendly website can decrease bounce rate, increase conversion rate, boost time on page, raise conversion rates, and improve your engagement levels. So, what web design elements do you need to consider when developing a user friendly website? Be sure to keep the following in mind.
- Mobile compatibility. More and more people are using their mobile phones to navigate the web. Not only does Google now penalize you for not having a responsive site, more than half of all local searches are now carried out on a mobile device. That means that you can’t afford not to have a mobile compatible site. Mobile-friendly web design services are typically offered by responsive website design companies and ensure that users don’t need to constantly scroll and zoom in to render content legible on their mobile devices. They also typically offer larger touch screen buttons and simplified navigation.
- Believe it or not, about half all customers expect a business’s website to load in just two seconds or less. Users that feel they are waiting around for too long for a website to load will abandon the site and look elsewhere, which isn’t good for your business. Affordable web design services can help you to figure out how to reduce page loading time by helping you to compress images, limit the use of large videos, and minimize the quantity of files on your webhost.
- Always go to great length to ensure that all of the content on your website is highly readable. That means organizing content with headlines and bullet points so that it can easily be skimmed, placing advertisements in places that don’t interrupt the flow of content, and breaking things up with visuals. Users always need to be able to efficiently extract what they need from your site, which makes readability one of the more important website design elements.
- Intuitive design. They key here is website design that facilitates interaction that is natural and easy. In other words, the user should intuitively know what to do and where to find things. Affordable website design services can help you to develop a more intuitive design by minimizing distractions and creating a highly navigable site hierarchy.
- Navigation tools. Navigation tools are what your users need to be able to find what they are looking for. After all, you don’t want to send anyone on a wild goose chase. Good navigational tools should minimize the number of clicks needed to reach content, let users know where they are on your site, and provide a search bar so that users can identify what is relevant to them.
In conclusion, there are a number of different web design elements to keep in mind when designing a customer-friendly website. When it comes to designing and developing your website, your best bet is to find affordable web design services for a site that looks great and can be easily used by your valued customers.